Bloomin’ Onion Bread Bowl with Cheese… lots and lots of cheese
More often than not the simplest of recipes often turn out to be the most delicious and that fact proved very true with the creation of this Bloomin’ Onion Bread Bowl! The whole dish is as fun to make as it is to eat. This onion bread is a great party appetizer that you’ll have to force yourself not to eat, you’ve got to leave room for dinner as your mother would say. But forget that, my mother and I attacked this thing like it was our job. We probably ate half before the guests arrived, a pitfall of cooking while hungry. Make 2 next time? One for the chef and the other for guests – sounds like a plan to me!
1 large bread loaf (roughly 1lb)
3.5 oz Matured Cheddar Cheese, thinly sliced
3.5 oz Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup green onions, chopped (about 4-5 green onions)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C).
2. Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting all the way through the bottom crust. Place it on a foil lined baking sheet.
3. Combine chopped onions with butter.
4. Arrange cheese slices between the bread cuts.
5. Pour the butter-onion mixture into bread cracks.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.
Such an unbelievably easy dish with an absolutely phenomenal pay off. Gooey warm bread covered in melted cheese, onions, and butter – what’s not to love? Make this easy onion bread bowl for your next party, or any upcoming holiday party. It’ll be a hit for sure!